Wednesday, April 11, 2012

JMOW and the no good, very bad day

Tuesday morning started out well.  I actually got up for my early 6:15 alarm to do my Shred for the day.  I'm getting my water in the kitchen when I notice my phone flashing.  Check my email to find out the Wonderboy's school has cancelled for the day.  Hmm.  Curious.  Maybe it has something to do with all the rain we've been getting?  I start to walk downstairs and think to myself, "What is that noise?"

That noise?  Was this:


About five inches of water - in our entire downstairs living room.  Spewing from the shower drain in the downstairs bathroom:


I had shut the shower door in this shot - but you can see it still pouring out.  And yes folks, that is not just water coming out of that shower drain.  It's all kinds of stuff you really don't want to see INSIDE YOUR LIVING ROOM.

That night, in trying to keep some semblance of normalcy, I mean - the poor kids had to fend for themselves most of the day, I went ahead with my plans to make cookies for story-time at the Library the following morning. It was my week and who am I to let a little flood prevent the kids from getting their dinosaur cookies? We successfully rolled and cut 40 little stegosauras'. That's when my brain took a break and I tried to open a little tube of frosting with an open pair of scissors.



This is my thumb after making a quick trip to the walk-in clinic for THREE F-ING STICHES. Talk about adding insult to injury. Or injury to insult as the case may be.

The monsoon that hit New England this past week hit our state particularly hard.  Lots of people were - and are - in way worse shape then we are.  I know this logically.  It still doesn't change the fact that we have a major suckfest going on.  We have cleared everything out of there, steam cleaned with bleach so that we can at least not be breathing in some potentially harmful mold stuff.  No matter what, the carpet is going to have to go. 

And this is where financial things like, oh....no savings, shitty credit rating, no help from the flood insurance that our mortgage company insist we get, really start to make you incredibly depressed as the days go on.  Trying to keep your head above water takes on a whole new meaning.  Har-har.

So that's been our week - and the reason I've been MIA.  Hopefully things will start to even out a bit and I'll get back in the swing of things.  Until then, hope everyone has a Happy Easter!