Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's only day one. And it's already ugly.

I am finally, actually doing something about the fact that I have wanted to start some sort of exercise program for the past...oh, several years.  Today I started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Basically, you do this twenty minute non-stop work-out every day, for 30 days.  And then you go on to the level 2 work-out for 30 days, followed by level 3.  Sounds simple enough, right?  HA!

I'm really not sure which is worse:

1.  That when I watched it last night to get a feel for what I was going to be attempting this morning, the Wonderboy decided that he wanted to try it.  (Reminder, he is six.)

2.  Sitting on the couch watching him attempt bicycle crunches. (Actually, that was pretty funny.)

3.  Giving it my first attempt this morning only to have him come downstairs and want to talk to me in the middle of it while I'm gasping for air.

4.  Once I made it through to the bitter end (cursing that cocky wench after about the first five minutes), having Wonderboy ask to see my "abs" so he could check my progress.

5.  Feeling sore and achy all day and pounding three Tylenol this afternoon to just please, make it go away!

6.  Having Wonderboy insist on doing his "fitness," as he calls it, again tonight.  Since he wants to go, "all 30 days!"

7.  Wonderboy trying to convince me that "his legs are already getting fitter."  Even though I've explained to him several times that "It doesn't happen that fast!"

Or

8.  The fact that I am going to attempt to get up at 5:30 in the morning tomorrow to try to do it again.